cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Exporting Annotations to .STP Format

ptc-5505739
1-Newbie

Exporting Annotations to .STP Format

I've been attempting to save my models in the STEP format with annotation features and have been running into some troubles. I have changed my step_config.pro include annotations (i've tried both ap214_is and ap203_e2) and toggeled the annotations block to include them. When reopening the created .stp file in Creo it seems I've lost the annotation. I see an annotation titled STEP_COMMENTS in my model tree after opening the file, but the text is 'NOT SPECIFIED' instead of the annotation I had created.

Has anyone had similar troubles that they've resolved?

Thanks,

Sean

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forum, Sean.

I have successfully exported annotaiton to 3D PDF... but never tried with STEP. I will see what I can do this that.

What version are you running?

From Creo 2 it worked. The option is a simple checkbox in the export dialog.

It did fail to pick up the note annotation that was "flat to screen" however.

I exported a series of dimensions and an attached note.

It imported as a separate annotation element.

Each annotation element is is converted to a symbol.

Top Tags