cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Fill in Hollow Section of Design

unknown324
4-Participant

Fill in Hollow Section of Design

Hello, I am a student and new to PTC Creo parametric and design.

I have a part with four large holes around the center I would simply like to fill in. I have not been able to do that so far and any step by step instructions would be appreciated. Below is the part with the four gaps I want to fill in.

Screenshot (10).png

Thank you very much and I hope we can solve this problem!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check attached video.

Activate Flexible Modeling > Select Side surface in cut area > Select Cut in Shape surface selecting > Remove

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you want to remove areas marked in image?

Fill.png

Check attached video.

Activate Flexible Modeling > Select Side surface in cut area > Select Cut in Shape surface selecting > Remove

Yes, those are the holes and thank you very much! Earlier I had been trying to work with datum planes but this is awesome!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:unknown324)

Interesting.  Will that work for NON-planar cuts?  If not, it'd be simpler to add a single extrude feature.

Frank,

Do you have any example to check Non Planer cut? I think it will work however any example will help me to look in that.

Top Tags