cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

GRANITE / GCRI in porduction

bmüller
13-Aquamarine

GRANITE / GCRI in porduction

Hi,

Opening Files from Creo 4 or 5 in Creo 2 is possible. There is the option with the readnewermodels.dll.

Is this option a workaround for special cases or is it good enough to use it in daliy business. e.g. external Partner working on Creo 2.0 and internal 5.0.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS34964

Is there a complete list of limitations?

Compatibility tables always and at Creo 3.0

br Bernhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

if your partner creates a lot of models/drawings for you then the only way how to avoid problems is to force them to use the same Creo release as you.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

if your partner creates a lot of models/drawings for you then the only way how to avoid problems is to force them to use the same Creo release as you.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bmüller)

GCRI is limited to 2 prior versions, unless PTC has changed the initial restrictions. They have to build a new .dll file for every build, which is what causes the release restriction.

For every day use, NO. The Creo2 users will not have the features of Creo4. Creo4 features come in like the data was imported from a STEP file into Creo2.

Read through the links in the article you linked for the 'official' PTC limitations.

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

GCRI is limited to 2 prior versions

you can open Creo 5.0 in Creo 2.0, it works. This was my first test.

The documents all end at Creo 3.0 or earlier so I was hopping higher Creo Versions are silently full compatible.

ok, so thanks for confirming my assumptions.

br Bernhard

Top Tags