cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Getting Started Help - Part 7, Cell Phone Back Cover, Adding Antenna Brace

BreMiSt
1-Newbie

Getting Started Help - Part 7, Cell Phone Back Cover, Adding Antenna Brace

Hello all,

I'm just going through the cell phone tutorial in the Getting Started pdf. I am at the point where I add the antenna brace in Part 7. I've followed all directions for this part up to and including creating the circle sketch on a datum plane at the top of the back cover. (See sketch pic)

When I try to extrude this circle per the instructions I get a regeneration failure. The instructions are not clear as to what surface to extrude to so I tried several surfaces and most fail. Some do allow the extrude to work but the resulting feature is wrong. (See Wrong Feature pic) In those cases the brace doesnt blend in with the back cover surfaces correctly.

I've since gotten it to work correctly but it required changing the extrusion to a specified depth rather than to specified surface and moving the brace feature before the shell feature in the model tree.

Can someone explain to me what might be the cause for this feature to not generate as instructed in the tutorial?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

This is certainly not the 1st time PTC fails to extrude to a face. Are you using the advanced surface package?

Not sure if I have advance surfacing or not. Probably not as this is only a training installation to get familiar with CREO before it gets fully integrated into our CAD tools.

I am pretty sure that you are trying to extrude the feature onto several surfaces and Creo is simply assuming an extended surface that you picked. I do get the same error with my full version of Creo 2.0. I do not have the extented surface module either.

Where these details are critical, I suspect PTC has you work with surface features rather than solids. You can project curves onto surfaces and delete certain sections of surfaces at will. This is true with even the basic package. It is well beyond the basic solids modeler but certainly not impossible with the core tools when you investigate surface features.

Top Tags