cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEEEELP! How to edit an .igs file on PTC Creo?

SOLVED

Re: Just moved to Creo 2.0 ...... I HATE IT!!! Does any else?

Anne, you're comparing SW to Creo what? I thought you said that you were using Creo Elements / Direct. Comparing that to SW is apples & oranges. SW is a feature based, parametric modeler better compared to Creo Parametric. Comparing Creo Elements / Direct to SW is like comparing a Ferrari and a F150, they were built for different purposes.

--
Doug Schaefer | Engineering Manager
Crow Works

The F150 is (was) a Ferrari...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F150

Hah!

We made the move about 2 months ago now...I think it is complete JUNK!!! In two months I've found maybe 4 features I like better and everything else takes 2-3X the steps to do something, or doesn't do it at all. If it was up to me, we would go back to Wildfire, or change to Solid Works.

Yup.

We got the same responce, from our WF Users.

They shouldnt have changed the WF to Creo, They should have changed it from WF to WTF !!!.

Sorry for the bad jokes, This crappo software, is so bad, that only humor remains.

I want, solid edge, Inventor, Solid works, NX... Hell ill even go to 2d if that would get creo of my computers

Hi

Could you explain why they shouldnt have changed the WF to Creo

Software consultant for PTC products.
Highlighted

Not hawing personally worked with WF. I can tell u what the users i have are saying.

1. Everything task more clicks.... This is NOT just getting used to new menus. More that the old menus (that you still have to use) are "hidden" beneath layers and layers of menus.. Same thing with WF hiding the older Pro/e menus, beneath a layer og cluttered WF menus.

2. Things just doesnt work !! Again, i cant really tell you, what wont work, because it changes. One day the tree wont update. Then a menu wont work for a day. A pattern will fail( that worked yesterday) and. so on.

3. Frustrating, to the point of Tears. Add these things up, and you get frustration.

We have a saying here. Shall i do it fast, or shall i do it in Creo.

To point 1, I cannot agree.

Our customers have not this experience. (Maybe I dont know about this)

To point 2. First try run Creo Parametric without OLD Wildfire config.pro

1. Perhaps youre right, as i said, i cannot compare to WF. i CAN compare to other systems, and BOY is there chock waiting there. Going from inventor to Creo is really a change. Not so much, because you have to do think differently. More because you have to tell the gui, the same things again and again. just about every task, will take 50-500% more clicks. Basicly every thing, you as an inventor user is used to inventor doing, you now have to tell creo to do manually. But this isnt to be a rant, saying i want to use inventor. That choise i can only make, by changing workplace. This IS about Creo not working, not being customizable, not beeing stable, not beeing able to be trusted to update the tree, not being well documented, and generally not feeling like being developed by people that have to work with it.

It reminds me of the 80's bmw, that had electrical mirror adjustment in the driver side, and a handle on the inside on the passanger side mirror. : So if you wanted to adjust the mirrors, the one near you was eeeeasy, and the other one you had to reach.. Creo is like reaching for the passenger side mirror.: It can be done, but noone thought for 10 min. about making it nice to do

2. We had the support guy here, running through the config.pro's, for 10 houre. Weeeeding out old WF crap. And boy did it help.. No really it did. We created new templates, new formats and new mapkeys.Now that means our old projects, have trouble opening, but at least, Creo is now no longer a cancer to produktivity, just a wery heavy migrane combined with a lungdisease

Terrible

Who support your company. PTC or PTC reseller?