cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEEEELP! How to edit an .igs file on PTC Creo?

SOLVED

Re: Just moved to Creo 2.0 ...... I HATE IT!!! Does any else?

I guess they are resellers.

And at least they try.

But my problem is as much, that normally i dont feel, the problems are being solved. i feel like more like im being told that.

oh, so you want to go out the drive way backwards, drive to work while going, forwards and then back into the parkingspot... oh no, you cant do that.

You either have to park the car so you can go forwards out the driveway, back up while going to work, and THEN you can back into the parking space.

OR

You can go like normal, and PUSH the var into the driveway.

regarding that it doesnt work.

here is another one i fund today ( havent heard from support yet, todays a hollyday)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7LDZSdJBdk&feature=em-upload_owner

just read that inventor 2013 has a new option..where if u change dimension of one entity, the sketch scales accordingly..wow is that true?

Sorry no idea, havent gotten to 2013.. yet. But at least you dont have to lock every dimension and you dont have to recreate dims, because Inventor decides to replace them

just wanted to tell..this new functionality of inventor is there in proe since ages....

solidworks just introduced model player functionality in solidworks 2012..again proe has it for a very very long time.

in my seven years on proe i had to never use lock dimensions..strong dimensions work pretty fine.

proe also replaces weak dimesions with strong dimensions.

by saying all this i just want to say... proe is a misunderstood software. it has very powerful options.

i am also not liking the way creo has come up..i am pretty comfortable with proewildfire 4.0. , but i think creo 3.0 would be a big leap forward.

Creo is NOT pro/e. I have no beef with Pro, as i havent used it.

Creo.. Had i known how it is to work with. I would have taken the other job offer i had.

Only thing i dont like about this job.. is Creo.

btw, i dont say the features arent there. I just say its like teaching yourself magic. Things have to be clicked on 2-3/4 times, sometimes using the alt key, sometimes not, sometimes a menu will appear, tomorrow, the same thing the same parts/drawings, no menu. Sometimes you can select multiples, sometimes not.

Some days i HATE Creo other days i think i can live with it.

Lets see if M050 is better, once the support release it.

I've used and loved it for over 16 years, and I hate seeing what they've done to the best CAD software around. And then there's Windburn.......

Highlighted

I've been on Pro/E for 20+ years now and for the first time since that first experience with it, I'm really wishing I had a different software program. They completely failed on this release.

you guys are scaring me,ultimately developers will have that surface hardening effect,just like what happened to Internet Explorer,no matter how much people bitch about it ,they are so self motivated or surface hardened that they keep making release after release after release without improvement in basic functionality.

In Inventor, we had poetry, about WHY oh WHY my cerefully organized menus flew around on the screen, at will.

In Creo we have magic: Sometimes things work, that normaly doesnt work for me.... and WHEN they work, its like magic : i still dont know, why it works today, or even what secret mouse movement made it work.

I started using Pro/E since about version 12, which was about 20 years ago. In general, every few upgrades, they add a few nuggets that are cool, while completely scrambling the UI for what is essentially no reason. Why do I think it's for no reason? Because you have to re-locate all your buttons, re-make mapkeys, learn new config options, etc., all to do what is essentially 95% the same work you did before the upgrade. A few years later, they change it again. It's quite annoying.

I think that certain people at PTC must justify their job by changing things so it seems like they are making things better. But mainly they are just making things different. All the while, thousands of hours are wasted around the world as people struggle to adapt.

Now that I am on Creo, I see absolutely no difference for what I do on a daily basis. I don't use the new features. I just spend time trying to learn where the old features have been moved. Thanks, PTC!

Oh, and while the graphics quality of everything in the world just gets better and better, Creo's graphics have stayed the same or gotten worse. I have lots of graphics issues on a PTC-supported set-up and Creo support has viewed my screen and verified it's working properly, glitches and all.

I will adapt and get back to full speed in a few months, but I feel like all the time spent adapting was a waste.