cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

HEEEELP! How to edit an .igs file on PTC Creo?

joates
1-Newbie

HEEEELP! How to edit an .igs file on PTC Creo?

Hello,

I am using PTC Creo Parametric 2.0 and I really need to edit an .igs file!

I can import it and open it but i cannot modify the geometry or like modify the original sketch...I am just able to move the parts.

What I need to do is to create another sketch over the geometry and the 3D I import, cause I need to draw and add another "piece" to it.

If anyone knows how to do it please reply!

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
214 REPLIES 214

Is there a way to turn off the automatic constraint just for the axis, and leave it on for the planer offset? Almost everything we assemble is assembled by the axis (coincident), and this is very annoying, but really don't want the planar offset to always be conincident. These are 2 very different aspects for us and we do not want them to behave the same.

Besides the need of my company, really how often does someone WANT to constrain axis at a distance from each other and not overlapping!?! Although it is nice to have the option to make parallel by axis, I NEVER want it to assume that, nor do I want it to be in the same category of how planes/surface offsets work.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Nobody has any ideas then on how to constrain the axis as always coincident, but not necessarily for datum offsets? Is this then impossible and another frustration that has been introduced?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

The config options i posted here set almost everything to offset constraint as default, and thats what I need. If I want a particular constraint to be coincident then I just hit a mapkey. If I want constrait to be flipped I have another mapkey as well.

Constraining has changed since WF.

http://communities.ptc.com/blogs/vpalffy/2014/08/22/creo-30-tutorial-how-to-create-an-assembly-and-a-component-constraint

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:LawrenceS)

It would be really nice if the default behaviour was better aligned with design reality. In addition to above, I keep running into "Normal" axis instead of coincident. For the 1 in 1000 time that I need an axis normal constraint I'd prefer to override the assumption manually.

Your Creo 2 experience will probably get better, eventually. In time you'll discover things that you like better than Wildfire. These are subtle though and I can't think of any right now.

So.. Thats it. Im freee.

My head finally got enough.

Just could not get Creo Working.

The usual answer from the support.... "No no no, just because you think that should work, does not make it so. Not even, when that was the way i told you to do this yeasterday. I think you need some more education."

This answer finaly made my head think that i was stupid.

So not being able to create models, and therefore drawings. The fact that i just could not trust the mass figures and so on, comming from creo. Since the model tree would not update. There fore i had this knot in my stummach every time i had to delivere documentation.

The short story.. I got stress( and fired).

This is me 3 months after, still trying to get over it.

Im NEWER going to open CREO again.

Just thinking about it makes me sick.

i just had a call from a guy. He said: "I heard you know Creo". I replied: "Yep, but not fo anything good".

And since i would rather be unemployed than sick. im not going there to work.

Top Tags