cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How can I control the spacing of dashes in phantom, centerline, hidden, and similar lines when exporting a PDF?

mliszka
3-Visitor

How can I control the spacing of dashes in phantom, centerline, hidden, and similar lines when exporting a PDF?

How can I control the spacing of dashes in phantom, centerline, hidden, and similar lines when exporting a PDF? Currently, the spacing is so wide that some non-solid lines look solid in the PDF. I am running Creo 2.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike,

I realized that I used Creo Parametric 2.0 M160 when I created my video. In this version the option line_style_standard CTRLFONT number works well.

Then I tested Creo Parametric 2.0 M070. In this version the option line_style_standard CTRLFONT number does not work! It looks like your Creo Parametric 2.0 M120 has the same problem as M070.

Then I made some investigation and carefully read Axis Display Options  help page. You can find there the following sentence:

Axes that are set to CTRLFONT actually are shown as CTRLFONT_S_L or CTRLFONT_L_L, depending on their orientation.

So I went back to M070 and tried ... line_style_standard CTRLFONT_L_L number ... and it worked!

Please test line_style_standard CTRLFONT_L_L number and let me know .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:mliszka)

Mike,

You may try creating pen table and use that for PDF export using config option pdf_use_pentable as yes.

Document for pen table file is available at http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_24/howto/plt522/plt522.htm

Mahesh,

I believe a pen table will only control the thickness of lines, not the spacing of the dashes and spaces.

Mike

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:mliszka)

Mike,

Yes, pen table will control thickness, this can use to control line pattern as well.

Pen.png

From http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_24/howto/plt522/plt522.htm#pattern

Mahesh,

Thank you for pointing me to this resource. After reading it through, I am still a bit unclear on how a pen table would function in certain situations. If you could answer a couple more questions about them, it would help me immensely.

1. It seems as though there is a default pen table for Creo that defines how all the lines look. First of all, is it possible to view this default pen table? If I want a phantom line pattern that is twice as coarse as the default, then I need to know what the default is to begin with in order to determine what the new pattern should be. I'd rather not eyeball it.
  2. If I create a user defined pen table and only define a new pattern for pen 3, for example, do all other line widths and patterns stick to the default? Or, do I need to define all pens in the user pen table?
  3. Pen 1 covers both of the following entities:
    1. Cross-section cutting plane lines: plot as phantom lines
    2. Centerline line font with white color
  4. If I create a user pen table that defines a new pattern for pen 1, how does Creo know whether to use it for phantom lines or center lines?
  5. If I open the Modify Line Style dialog, in the Line Font pull-down menu I see the following:
    1. SOLIDFONT
    2. DOTFONT
    3. CTRLFONT
    4. PHANTOMFONT
    5. DASHFONT
    6. CTRLFONT_S_L
    7. CTRLFONT_L_L
    8. CTRLFONT_S_S
    9. DASHFONT_S_S
    10. PHANTOMFONT_S_S
    11. CTRLFONT_MID_L
    12. DOT_CTRL_FONT

How do I use a pen table to control the attributes all these types of lines here that I don't see in the Default Pen Mapping Table at the link you provided?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

see my reply in Re: Axis Line Segment Distance

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

This seems like it should work, but for some reason changing the line_style_length parameter seems to have no effect on the PDF output no matter what I set it to. I see in the video that you can see the result of changing this parameter in the drawing view even before you export the PDF. I don't even get that.

Mike

Mike,

install http://www.screencast-o-matic.com software and made a video showing your actions. I can watch it and check your steps.

You can also upload your testing Creo files.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Attached is a video showing the actions I'm taking. Also included are the part and drawing files I used to test with.

Mike

Mike,

I realized that I used Creo Parametric 2.0 M160 when I created my video. In this version the option line_style_standard CTRLFONT number works well.

Then I tested Creo Parametric 2.0 M070. In this version the option line_style_standard CTRLFONT number does not work! It looks like your Creo Parametric 2.0 M120 has the same problem as M070.

Then I made some investigation and carefully read Axis Display Options  help page. You can find there the following sentence:

Axes that are set to CTRLFONT actually are shown as CTRLFONT_S_L or CTRLFONT_L_L, depending on their orientation.

So I went back to M070 and tried ... line_style_standard CTRLFONT_L_L number ... and it worked!

Please test line_style_standard CTRLFONT_L_L number and let me know .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

That did the trick. Thank you so much!

Mike

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Martin your posts have been invaluable to me over the years.  Please keep it up.

Small correction:  line_style_standard should be line_style_length

Creo's inability to do WYSIWYG for PDF linefonts has been the bane of my existence forever.  The issue I have now is that the on-screen linefont display is very dense.  Is there a way to counteract this?

Here are the options I set for my company (English units):

line_style_length CTRLFONT_S_L 0.25

line_style_length CTRLFONT_L_L 0.25

line_style_length DASHFONT 0.05

line_style_length DOTFONT 0.05

line_style_length PHANTOMFONT 0.25

Top Tags