cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to insert a PDF in detail

Hongjie
4-Participant

How to insert a PDF in detail

Hi

I want to know how to insert a PDF in detail. normal we need to insert supplier's drawing (PDF format) in our frame, during the process we need to resize the PDF to right proportion (most of the frame) and right position ( top left corner).

I failure during trying: layout> insert> object> create new + (brown right the PDF folder), the insert PDF do zoom with frame( zoom by mouse). i can drag the PDF, but when I save the detail as PDF ( the supplier drawing + our company frame), the insert PDF stay in small size in left top corner, most of frame is frank.

I check PTC e support and find same probelm but no right solution, so I come here for your help, thank you.

Best regards, Hongjie

PS: system information: win 7, creo 2.0, PDF read X

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not necessarily. Take a look at the config.pro option:

drawing_ole_image_dpi *150 default, up to 600. If this applies as I think it does, this would improve the image quality.

There are other bitmap settings you can search in config.pro.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello,

I did a short test ...

Test 1

layout> insert> object> create new Foxit Reader PDF

Result:

I can see white rectangle, only ... PDF content is not visible.

Test 2

layout> insert> object> create new Adobe Acrobat document

Result:

PDF content is displayed correctly.

PDF content is not display correctly during zooming.

I found CS11056 using Technical Support Knowledge Base Search page describing problems with PDF import. PTC suggests to use .jpg or.bmp or .doc file instead of .pdf. -OR- use Adobe Reader 9.0 or 8.0.

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Hongjie
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

thank you for warmly support.

I also contact with PTC support who give me same solution, insert .jpg or screenshot PDF and pasty to MS Paint which can slove the problme but trade with solution.

Best regards, Hongjie

I find that .BMP files (paintbrush picture) are the most stable OLE format within Creo.

Even these will cause problems at times, but they seem to always import.

Hongjie
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

thank you.

sure, all support i could get show that the PDF need to convert a picture format (like BMP and other) then can easily insert. but it is paid by resolution.

Best regards, Hongjie

Not necessarily. Take a look at the config.pro option:

drawing_ole_image_dpi *150 default, up to 600. If this applies as I think it does, this would improve the image quality.

There are other bitmap settings you can search in config.pro.

Hongjie
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

thank you very much, after change the resolution more better.

Best regards, Hongjie

Thank you also for the confirmation. Glad this works.

I tried in creo 3.0 still I am facing zoom and zoom out issue.

FYI,

PTC reports this as a limitation in the MS OLE functionality for PDFs. See CS11056 and SPR1896244 for information.

Hongjie
4-Participant
(To:Dan_Harlan)

thank you for reminder,

the problem already was solved by above suggests.

-Hongjie

Top Tags