cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

I AM HAVING ISSUE IN CREATING A PROFILE FROM A STEP FILE

ajangra
1-Newbie

I AM HAVING ISSUE IN CREATING A PROFILE FROM A STEP FILE

I have 3D scan data available of street light cover. But i am unable to proceed further by making its internal profiles which are used for light scattering. Please help me out with this.

I HAVE ALSO UPLOADED A FILE WITH "STREET LIGHT COVER" NAME.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for the reply.

Let me make you clear my situation. I have made this part and i am attaching this part's file in the conversation also. My part looks as shown in the image below..

untitled.JPG

Now what i want to do is i want to make the inside parabola step feature in this new file.

How can i make the features of the scan data part in my part?

Also tell me how can i convert the scan data file which is completely in surface into the solid model.

It will be really helpful if u upload the video when you do the iterations.

Also if you want to contact for any queries regarding the part u can catch me on Skype, hangout, google drive, dropbox by the id: -

Thanks in advance

Top Tags