cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Import Data Doctor - Where to Start?

akelly
11-Garnet

Import Data Doctor - Where to Start?

Using Wildfire 4

I imported a STEP model into Pro/E and it did not form an enclosed volume. If I switch to wireframe mode, I see 1 yellow edge (all the rest of the wireframe edges are magenta). If I switch to shaded mode, the yellow edge is also visible and the surfaces on either side of the yellow edge are visible. If I zoom in, the yellow edge looks like 2 edges, and the second yellow edge doesn't appear to be connected to any surfaces. (screen shots attached)

I have gone through the Getting Started with Import Data Doctor tutorial, but I'm stumped how to fix this geometry. I started out with closing the gaps but the search tool doesn't find any, and I am unable to pick the yellow edges to manually define a gap. No idea where to proceed next.

<<idd.png>> <<idd2.png>>
Andrew Kelly, P.E. | Senior Engineer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1 440 326 5555 | F: +1 440 284 1090

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:akelly)

Looks like you will have to move the vertices of one or both of the surfaces to get it to stitch up since the Auto did not. Seams like that one, transitioning to a point are pesky.

The IDD has the tools to do this. I do not have a model open, but look for move vertex, within the IDD tool.

Top Tags