cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Import Parameters in Creo 4.0

jflatt
6-Contributor

Import Parameters in Creo 4.0

Help! I'm starting to tear my hair out trying to figure out why this won't work. I've created an .xml file that I want to import from the Parameters dialogue box. I've double checked the format. If the parameter in my list doesn't already exist, the parameter is created just fine. If the parameter already exists in the part, however, I can get the file to create a Duplicate with the "_1" suffix. But when I uncheck the "Duplicate if cannot Replace" option so that it will only replace the values of existing parameters, nothing happens. It never changes the values of the parameters. 

The example I have is a parameter that is simply called "N". Its value is an integer. The Designate box is unchecked. Access is Full. Source is User-Defined. The Restricted box is unchecked. There is no Unit Quantity or Unit.

When I import the .xml file and click the Details... button I get the following message:

The following conflicting parameters CANNOT be imported (possibly because they are used in Relations or violate Global Restrictions): N

This value is used in relations, but it is an input, and not locked. That's kind of the point of the parameter as it's used to generate the CAD geometry.

Here is my .xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CreoParamSet>
<ScalarParameters>
<Parameter Name="N">
<Value>24</Value>
</Parameter>
</ScalarParameters>
</CreoParamSet>

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:jflatt)

@jflatt 

I think article CS297809 will help you get the reason of this behavior. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@jflatt 

I think article CS297809 will help you get the reason of this behavior. 

jflatt
6-Contributor
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thanks for the information. That certainly explains what the issue is. Of course, it makes the importing parameters feature completely useless since you can't do anything with the parameters you import.

I'm having the same issue, if you can't use the built in .xml parameter function to import & overwrite parameters it makes this feature basically useless. If this worked you could create an .xml file from another program with the data needed & auto-populate and entire field of parameters with whatever you needed.

BG_9869104
12-Amethyst

This is a case for some mapkey tricks I think.

There are I believe working commands for select all, copy, paste, and cut that work in the relations and parameters dialog only. (I'm in Creo 7). 

Mapkey recording something like this.

Open relations. Select all relations. Cut. Verify. Pause.

[Do your import of parameters]

Resume. Paste relations back in. Verify. 

Top Tags