cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Import assembly steps as a single part

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Import assembly steps as a single part

Goodmorning everyone,

do I have to import a step created by a single assembly as a single part?

How can I do?

If I decide to open it as a "part" the file does not open correctly (missing parts and geometries).
Thank you,

Matteo.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Matteo_1987)

If you add this option to your config.pro, it will import a step assy as a part correctly.

intf3d_in_as_part yes

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:Matteo_1987)

Hi @Matteo_1987

this is a typical data exchange issue.

You need the highest level of data when import.

the choice whether import as part or assembly is yours: what will happen to the Creo imported model after the import?

Will it be included in another assembly? will you add geometry to it without changing the initial step geometry?

The solution to get the most flexibility is to roll back one step (no pun intended) before the model was a STEP file.

When possible get the data as native, see if it is compatible with Creo import capabilities (find article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS134024) then this will enable you to jump over accuracy issue, edge artefacts, gaps, surface tir and so on.

Finally remember you can use import data doctor to repair imported data whether from STEP or from native file formats.

Top Tags