cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Importing CAD 3d models for components into Creo 2.0

Brad119
2-Guest

Importing CAD 3d models for components into Creo 2.0

What is the correct method for importing 3d CAD geometry into CREO 2.0 such as the model for 80/20 extrusions ? Our team 3951 was able to get the files from a couple of CAD sites and bring in a STP or DXF file. We brought in the 3d stp file with no issues but if we want to extrude the profile there is only one line in the tree that calls out an ID number and we can't do edit definition.

How do we use the end profile to extrude different lengths of the extrusion in CREO ? , or is there a way to pull in the 2d DXF and use that cross section ? Thank you .

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Brad119)

In this discussion, Antonius Dirriwachter, talks about how accuracy setting can change performance. This may be a good place to start.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/203295#203295

Thanks, Dale

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

I can't answer all of your questions, but for the bend table have you tried setting pro_sheet_met_dir in the config.pro file?

As far as the default part color, I think you have to create a sheetmetal part template for everyone to start with. I've never done this, but I can't find any other option for setting default part color.

As far as the UI, sadly I think we are all just stuck with learning to us it. It has been a major complaint of users since introduced in drawing mode of WF5. Great things have been done to improve it since then, but its still not great. I blame Microsoft for this, I think they were the first to introduce the ribbon type UI.

http://www.90percentofeverything.com/2008/03/20/the-story-of-the-microsoft-office-ribbon-by-jensen-harris/

It links to Jensen Harris's blog for a full audio (maybe - there's a link there, but I haven't tried it) video presentation of how the Ribbon came to be at Microsoft.

Hello Brad, and welcome to the forum.

I have found the sheetmetal package to be a -huge- overhead on CPU cycles. When I do a heavy sheetmetal session, I can literally smell my laptop's power supply being overworked. So that is internal to the code.

As for lightening the load, dial down the graphics options. You can see the relevant settings here in my post: Problem with animation graphics

Also change the model save option in config.pro to manage better file sizes of your saved parts and assemblies. This will make the save process a bit quicker too. I haven't found a downside to doing this yet.

config.pro > save_model_display wireframe

No help here on the bend table defaults but a custom user template file seems a likely way to do this. Just be careful about custom files of all types inside the Creo loadpoint. Upgrades to the software will delete these folders. Best to specify libraries outside the loadpoint.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I set this, too.

proc1.JPG

Top Tags