cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Importing Parasolid (x_t) causes Creo 5 to Crash! Help!

nebraska-engr
8-Gravel

Importing Parasolid (x_t) causes Creo 5 to Crash! Help!

Hello,

I am running Creo 5.0.4.0 on Windows 10.

I am trying to open a standard parasolid file and it causes Creo to freeze while loading (spinning wheel of death). Shortly after, Creo stops responding and crashes.

I have tried this on another coworkers computer with the same setup as me, and it crashes for him too. Has anyone seen this before? I read online that you should be able to open x_t filetypes, but this seems to not be the case for me. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may want to try NOT loading any configuration files. Rename any config.pro and/or config.sup.

This will bring you back closer to an out of the box scenario.

If you can attach the file here, I would be happy to try. I'm on Creo 4 (not 5).

It's possible the file is a bad export. If you have another cad software, try importing.

I have created exports that have been too complex or large. I have also received them. Sometimes you have to work with the file provider to get the right recipe and strike a good balance

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You may want to try NOT loading any configuration files. Rename any config.pro and/or config.sup.

This will bring you back closer to an out of the box scenario.

If you can attach the file here, I would be happy to try. I'm on Creo 4 (not 5).

It's possible the file is a bad export. If you have another cad software, try importing.

I have created exports that have been too complex or large. I have also received them. Sometimes you have to work with the file provider to get the right recipe and strike a good balance

Top Tags