cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Injection Mold Help

kbaldau1
1-Newbie

Injection Mold Help

Hello,

I'm trying to make a mold using Creo Parametric 3.0. I've watched the tutorial on the PTC website and it seems simple enough but I'm getting stuck on one step. After I import my reference model I click on Workpiece and then Automatic Workpiece. This is where the problem arises. There is line that says "Units" and for me that line and the drop down menu are blank and I can't pick my units. Because of this I can't go any farther.

Do anyone know what could be causing this problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:kbaldau1)

rerun setup and add the Mold Component Catalog.

mold1.JPG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Is it a graphics driver issue where you have fields not showing up correctly?

Posting an image of the step you are stuck at may help.

And if you have maintenance, you can certainly submit a support case.

Oh yes I meant to post a picture with my original question. Here is the window that I'm having a problem with.

Capture.PNG

Is this the free included mold add-on or the optional mold extension?

I might suggest that the two files do not have the units set to the same thing.

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm using the one under the manufacturing option when you create a new file. And there is only one file so the units can not be conflicting with anything as far as I know.

Capture.PNG

I don't have that module so about the only thing I can suggest is submitting a support case.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:kbaldau1)

rerun setup and add the Mold Component Catalog.

mold1.JPG

Thank you! That fixed the problem.

Top Tags