cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Insert object (PDF Files) in drawing

depe
1-Newbie

Insert object (PDF Files) in drawing

Dear All,

How to insert PDF document into drawing in WF5.0?

Thks.Rgds.

Deddy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11
VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:depe)

Hello Deddy

If you need embed a pdf file to Creo E/Pro 5.0 drawing click in the Rbbon menu > Layaut > Object... >> Create from file >> Browse and the select your pdf file > Open

For example:

pdf2creo.jpg

Embeded pdf file in Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER)

pdf-in-creo.jpg

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Vladimir,

in the past (ProE WF4) I had serious problem with ProE drawing containig embedded Excel file. System response during "Zoom In" was VERY slow. CPU load was 100% for a long time.

Does ProE WF5 work better ?

Martin

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin

I working with Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 (formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0) datacode M080 (64bit OS) and embeded Excel object works fine.

Everything is fine - zooming, adding dimensions, views, notes and other object in drawing

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Vladimir,

I made a test in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 (formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0) datacode M080 (32bit OS).

I put Excel object (40 rows, 6 columns, every cell contain a number) in a new A4 portrait drawing.

Then I test Zoom In operation. Result: Processor went up to 100% during zooming.

---

Note1: I know that the response of Pro/ENGINEER during Zoom In operation depends on "strength" of the computer.

---

Note2: I suggest to create a layer for OLE objects and HIDE this layer during drawing modifications.

---

Martin

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin

I made the same test on Win7/64bit OS (workstation HP - EliteBook 8740w): I put Excel object (40 rows, 6 columns, every cell contain a number) in a new A4 portrait drawing.

My processor is only for 6% to 12% during zooming.

Note: I think that everything is dependent on the configuration PC

Heve a nice time. Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi Martin and Vladimir

If I remember M080 has problem with mowing axis in drawins.Try move one axis in view where is axis normal to mnitor

Nový obrázek (6).bmp

Software consultant.

Radovan,

press ALT key and you will get what you need.

Greetings from Přerov (COGRAS)
Martin

Martin Hanák

No

If you can move only one axis Alt doesn work.

And EFX lite doesn’t work too (EFX_ENABLED YES)

Software consultant.

Radovan,

1.]

If you select axis and move one of its ends, then all 4 ends are moving simultaneously

2.]

If you press ALT key, then select axis and move one of its ends, then only selected end is moving

3.]

EFX failed to load in ProE WF5 M080: According to information from B&W, this is the bug. It will be probably resolved in ProE WF5 M090.

Solution: rename original "efx" directory and copy "efx" directory from ProE WF5 M070.

Martin

Martin Hanák

Hi! I know I'm late to this but we have the same issue with our CAD workstations which are good machines 2x 4core Xeon CPUs.

So I decided to make a test on a test server I have that has 4 such CPUs and 16 gigs of RAM and it does the same thing. We've had that issue ever since we moved from Pro/e 2001 to the Wildfire plateform.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:depe)

Vote up this Idea so PTC fixes this issue:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/1761#comment-6929

Top Tags