cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Is this a bug - 2d circular pattern?

JGuest
1-Newbie

Is this a bug - 2d circular pattern?

Hi,

I was able to use the 2d pattern, circular command to make a 3 bolt circle on ( 3 holes 120 degrees apart from each other arranged in a circle ) a constrcution geomatery circle with a reference center line drawn.

The problem is that I get 2 bolt hole circles drawn on top of each other for the two of three ( the third is the first hole element selected ) hole circles.

Here is what I do from the 2d modify pattern command;

1.) pick the element - the circle I wish to make an circlular array/pattern with.

2.) select type "circular".

3.) keep element unselected

4.) select center of construction cicrle representing the bolt hole circle dia.

5.) pick the same two points for the start and end of the radial dir. of the center of the bolt hole cicle element picked in the first step.

6.) type angle 120

7.) type number radial 1

8.) type number angular 2

I can't figure out why I am getting this duplication of elements.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags