Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapkeys in Creo 2.0

Topaz II

Mapkeys in Creo 2.0

Does anyone have the time to either make a quick video or do a brief step by step description of how to make mapkeys on Creo 2.0?

I have been following the thread below:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/188943#188943

... but when I try to follow this in Creo. The tool bars are different.

I haven't made any(many) mapkeys, but I use them frequently, so I'll need to rebuild these before I can move over to the new version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dale

WF5.0/Creo

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Mapkeys in Creo 2.0

Video Link : 3318

Hi

Check this Video created in Creo-1

Regards

K.Mahanta

I have found some of my mapkeys, although they don't work.

When I tried to run the one I use the most, it looks for a table (.tbl) file: abs coords.tbl

When I search for this in my directories (both local and on the network) I cannot file this file.

Any thoughts?

Is there a way to step through existing mapkeys to see what they are doing so you can mimick it on new mapkeys?

Hi

There is no process to mimic the mapkey created (as per my knowledge)

You can tell your requirements; We can help you to create the mapkey.

Regards

K.Mahanta

After I manually delete two tables on existing drawings, it brings in a revision table for special drawings and places it in the top right hand corner of the drawing (vertex?). After makeing other changes, I export a .dwg file for our factory viewer, and I exit the drawing with out saving changes (because I was editing the standard) and they don't want Pro files for all the specials.

Thanks, Dale

... need to revisit this:

What is the best way to replicate MapKeys created in an older version (i.e. Creo/WF5.0) and have them work in Creo 2.0?

I am guessing that I wll have to recreate the MapKey from scratch, but since I am not the one who created the MapKey to begin with, I am not certain exactly what it is doing (other than it works).

Is there a way to "step" through a mapkey and see each step/command?

Thanks, Dale

Dale,

In the old version, run the mapkey as usual.

Copy and rename the trail file

Set the following option in config.pro: set_trail_single_step yes

Play the trail file.

The trail file will stop after each command giving you time to see what command was.

Hope it helps,

Gabriel