cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Multiple tube layers on an irregularly shaped core.

mryan-2
1-Newbie

Multiple tube layers on an irregularly shaped core.

I've been following some of the section sweep experts on this forum and I've been able to reproduce the following so far.

Sweep Surface.JPG

This is a two layer winding using a curve generated by cylindrical equations as the base for the sweep profile.  The equations are:

r=evalgraph("radius",t*16)

theta=360*evalgraph("turns",t*16)

z=evalgraph("z", t*16)

Curve from equation.JPG

Graphs:

radius.JPG

turns.JPG

z.JPG

All of the above is taken directly from this post One method to make wound springs I only reproduced what had been done and put the coil reversal condition in it.

How do I take the next step and go from a winding with a round core to one with an irregular shape?  I'd like to wrap two layers of a coil around a pill shaped mandrel.

Thanks,

Mike Ryan

Creo 2.0

4 REPLIES 4

Just change your radius graph.

Thank you for responding but I'm stuck as to what the graph should look like.  Can you offer any more information?

The graph will look a lot like your mandrel profile.  Remember this is a radial setting.

The graph horizontal represents duration (0 to 1 as trajpar is also 0 to 1) and the vertical represents your actual radius.

So if the graph looks like your mandrel with an offset accounting for the wire thickness.

p.s.... the example uses 16 as a horizontal measure.  Note that trajpar is also multiplied by 16 in the sweep relations.

Some of this just takes getting use to.

If you use trajpar inside a sin or cos function, then you have to remember to multiply trajpar by 360 (degrees) so you get the full sweep of the wave.

Mano_S
3-Visitor
(To:mryan-2)

hi....

Pls tell me how to add third layer for winding

Top Tags