cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

NC Solid Tools

ptc-936957
1-Newbie

NC Solid Tools

Hey guys I have a question about solid tool models, is there a way to include my spindle speed, feed rates, step downs, and step overs in my relations? I have been trying to get them to work but, when i use them in a nc sequence my rpm, feed rate, ect do not come with my solid tool model. Anyone have any info on this?

Solid_Relations.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Check if this option is set to yes:

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool

No go on the mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool, It seems like Pro doesn't recognize the feed and speed relations, yet it will recognize the coolant options.

solid_relations-2.jpg

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-936957)

I confirm, I have almost all my tools as solid tools, and parameters never copy. I have to do it from the menu, edit>parameter>copy from tool.

This makes loose really a lot of time !!

The current system is not an ideal way to manage speeds and feeds. I prefer to use the process manager templates. You can predefine any combination of sequences and quickly apply them to your next job. For example I have roughing - re-rghing - surface milling - and finishing sequences with all my Tools, speeds and feeds predefined. All i have to do is create the mill windows and select surfaces for sm. I will try to make a video in a bit.

It's true, I did this for a few sequences and the time saved with this method is really important !

Set <mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool> option to ALL

It makes no difference. I have this option set this way and it doesn't copy them to the sequence !

It works for me (but coolant option). Do you select stock material?

Our tool files contain data for several stock materials. I am not sure if is necessary.

Create this file:

mfg_wp_material_list.xml

with stock materials.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-936957)

All,

I believe there is a case filed with tech support about the parameters not populating sequences(Case #11340102) . This was also discussed on the exploder a few weeks ago Jose Coronado is aware of the problem because he asked if anyone turned it in to Support.

Top Tags