cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Nvidia Quadro 4000 Vs K4000

ybhide
1-Newbie

Nvidia Quadro 4000 Vs K4000

Greetings,

Anyone experiencedproblems usingNvidia Quadro K4000? In PTC's certified/supported list, K4000 is listed more often than 4000.

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/138217/en/hp_creo2_p10.pdf

But I came across article about performance degredation when switching from 2000 to K2000, so was wondering if that is case with K4000s too.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS131057&posno=1&q=quadrok2000&nav=ptcproductgroups||creo||Product+Group||Creoou!

Thank you!

Regards,
Yugendra Bhide
Norse Dairy Systems
Columbus OH

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ybhide)

When we were testing video card originally. We noticed the higher end cards were actually slowing things down. Our IT guy with through several fixes and finally figured out it was the CHIPSET drivers that needed to be upgraded. The motherboard was not allowing the video card to process as fast as it should or really it was bottlenecking the video card input to the motherboard. Once we upgraded the chipset drivers, performance improved significantly.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

What is the difference, if any, between video card drivers and chipset drivers? How does one find what chipset driver is being used and where do I download new ones, assuming it's not the same as the video driver from Nvidia?

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Well, I had no idea until it came up again the other day. The video card driver handles the video card and it's stuff. The chipset driver is for the motherboard, as it was explained to me. The motherboards come set up a certain way and then when new hardware comes out on the market, they need a new driver to properly access the hardware. I was told you have to have access to the bios to upgrade the chipset drivers, something I will not even try, I'll leave that up to the IT guys. I don't have the will to BRICK my computer.

I googled it to get a little more info once it was explained to me.

I assume you get chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or from the computer maker (HP, Dell, eMachines (haha, if you still use an eMachines computer))

Top Tags