cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Opening Solidworks Assembly with missing parts

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

Opening Solidworks Assembly with missing parts

I have a Solidworks assembly from a customer.  It looks like they forgot to include some library parts, screws and such.  The important parts I need to see are all present.  The assembly opens and then gives an error that files are missing, but the suppress/delete options I would normally see are greyed out (see image below).  I would like to open the assembly and just skip the missing parts.  If I were opening native Creo files I would be able to suppress the missing parts and still open the assembly.  Is there a config setting to accomplish this, or how can I open the assembly without these missing parts?

menu.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The issue was with a config setting, you cannot have regen_failure_handling resolve_mode set or things seem to stop without recourse.

After commenting this out the assembly opens fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

What version of Creo are you using? The behavior of the program has changed over the years when it's presented with assemblies with missing bits.

I don't know what it does for Solidworks assemblies, but if I load an assembly in but neglect to set my search path properly, the assembly will come up but all the bits it can't find are listed in the model tree in red. It doesn't stop me from opening the assembly. It seems like it loads the stuff in with some sort of "last positioned" component placements. I don't know if it will do this with a Solidworks assembly, though.

I'm on Creo 4.0, by the way.

The issue was with a config setting, you cannot have regen_failure_handling resolve_mode set or things seem to stop without recourse.

After commenting this out the assembly opens fine.

Top Tags