cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PDF Created from WF4

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine

PDF Created from WF4

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the line ends to mitre when a PDF is created from a drawing in WF4? Currently they square off as in the image.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

zoom out? 

Tried looking for this a while back ago and could not find anything to adjust this.

I do have a .dop file to auto set printing features (stroke fonts, for example) but mitering is not one of them.

Yeah it is only when you zoom in that it ooks a bit scrappy. I'm sure I have seen some line end options but it may have been on another CAD package AutoCAD or I-Deas perhaps.

This can be managed using Postscript output and manually editing it to:

1 setlinecap

1 setlinejoin

Then distill with Adobe Acrobat Distiller, Ghostscript, or your favorite.

In later versions PTC added these for PDF SAVE-AS/EXPORT, but never fixed Postscript.

I don't think it goes back that far, but the config items PDF_LINECAP and PDF_LINEJOIN

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

Dave

I knew I had seen somthing like that somewhere. I will try it as it might be useful.

Thanks

Top Tags