cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PDF SERCHABLE PLOTS

PatD
4-Participant

PDF SERCHABLE PLOTS

Per ASME Y.100 PDF Drawing plots should be PDF searchable.  When using the stroke all fonts is there a way that datum text curves on parts can be printed better in drawing?  Mine are not very clear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PatD)

Is the color of the text (datum curve) different from the rest of the colors? I suspect you have a lineweight issue.

Try changing the color of the curve to be the same as the thinner lineweight objects such dimensions.

I changed all my lineweights to be thin to eliminate issues like these. I know some users are not allowed to do that based on standards so that may not be a solution for you but you would use it to help diagnose the problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dschenken
21-Topaz I

Stroking fonts only refers to on-drawing text, not text used to create model geometry.

Text that is part of model geometry is not searchable on the drawing and will not be searchable in the PDF.

PatD
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

Yes,  I am aware it is not searchable.  With the default 600dpi datum text marking on part is not as clear as I would like.  Is there an optimum test style for a datum text on part which would produce better quality on a PDF export?  Not a big deal, just looking to optimize.

Thanks

Pat

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

please upload example PDF to illustrate your problem.

Martin Hanák
PatD
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Just looking for best text file setting in datum sketch.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Is the color of the text (datum curve) different from the rest of the colors? I suspect you have a lineweight issue.

Try changing the color of the curve to be the same as the thinner lineweight objects such dimensions.

I changed all my lineweights to be thin to eliminate issues like these. I know some users are not allowed to do that based on standards so that may not be a solution for you but you would use it to help diagnose the problem.

PatD
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thanks Stephen, That did the trick.

Appreciate the help!!

PatD
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Changed to yellow, lettering!

Top Tags