cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

PDF Thickness, Pen Table

jraice
1-Newbie

PDF Thickness, Pen Table

Hello, really struggling to simply get my B&W PDF exports to look clean, with the model edges being thinner/sharper. I have gotten most of my text to look great by changing it to Blue, but I can't seem to get the model lines to change even with color changes.

I tried adding a table.pnt file and calling it out, including turning on pdf_use_pentable and use_8_plotter_pens. I also tried changing penx_line_weight all to 1.

Any other simple tricks to get B&W PDF with thin lines? Even if all lines are the same I think I'd be happy for now.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

config.pro options:

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen_table_file absolute_path\mypentable.pnt

mypentable.pnt for DIN/ISO drawing environment (example, see also Creo Parametric Help Center)

!*** user colors

pen  1   thickness 0.015 cm

!*** witness lines

pen  2   thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  letter_color

!*** hidden lines

pen  3   pattern 0.5, 0.2 cm; thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  half_tone_color

!*** notes, dimension values

pen  4   thickness 0.035 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  edge_highlite_color

!*** tangential round edges

pen  5   thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  dimmed_color

!*** datum features

pen  6   thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; datum_color

!*** model visible edges, sheetmetal edges

pen  7   thickness 0.05 cm;  color 0.0 0.0 0.0;  drawing_color, attention_color

Note:

color 0.0 0.0 0.0 ... black color

MH

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:jraice)

This is the pen table we use:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

! This Pen Table will print everything in black and white except

! user defined colors.

pen 1 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0;

pen 2 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0;

pen 3 thickness .003 in; color 0.2 0.2 0.2;

pen 4 thickness .012 in; color 0 0 0;

pen 5 thickness .006 in; color 0 0 0; drawing_color;

pen 6 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0; quilt_color; magenta_color; attention_color; curve_color;

pen 7 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0; datum_color;

pen 8 thickness .003 in; color 0 0 0; dimmed_color; section_color;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, the file extension does not matter.  Just make sure to include the file extension in the config option.  (We use .txt)

Top Tags