cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Paintbrush Pictures Disappearing?

JordanThomas
1-Newbie

Paintbrush Pictures Disappearing?

Hello All,

I am having a problem with paintbrush objects suddenly becoming invisible.

paintbrush invisible.PNG

The above screenshot shows the drawing open in Creo 2.0 next to an exported PDF. The same paintbrush object is highlighted in both, but the contents of the object are invisible in Creo. This makes working with objects quite tedious because I can't see how they look without exporting to another format.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Jordan,

maybe the problem is caused by black text on black background. In Creo change background color to white temporarily to see, if this is true.

If picture is is not visible during test, then you can apply information available in https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS76070 and https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS43569

Suggestion: Instead of including a picture, create text note.

MH

Martin Hanák

Were it so easy...

The picture is actually black text on a white background.Sorry, I guess I picked a bad example, here is a better one:

paintbrush invisible 2.PNG

It also shows why I can't just use a note.

I tried the linked support solutions but couldn't find anything wrong with my registry entries. And here's what happens when I try to use a Word document instead of a paintbrush picture:

word_object_edit.PNG

Works fine in edit mode...

word_object_closed.PNG

Turns invisible on close...

Jordan,

did you try to change Creo background color to white temporarily ?

Please create new empty drawing, include the picture and upload drawing + picture using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. for testing purposes.

MH

Martin Hanák

I had the same issue just a week ago.

I got it to work once, was able to generate a pdf and then it blanked out on me just like shown.

I tried to change the background.  I change from .png to .pdf - rescaling the image, reduce the file size...- nope, no help

It showed up in the tree but the image did not show.

I tried restarting and rebooting and creating new drawings, it did work once again but when I tried to edit it (put some annotations in) it went back to failing to show

As this endeavor for me was truly not work related (trying to make a funny) I moved on and forgot about it.

I offer this as additional fodder

ron

Thanks for the quick reply.

White Background:

white_background_object_error.PNG

Test Document (also attached to this reply):

Top object is a word document, bottom object ("TEST TEST TEST") is a paintbrush picture.

test_doc.PNG

Paintbrush pics that suddenly popped back into existence (they do that sometimes, but they always disappear again soon):

paintbrush invisible back.PNG

Jordan,

I successfully opened your drawing in CR2 M070, M160, M170 and M180. All installations are 64-bit on Windows 7 SP1 english 64-bit.

Suggestions:

1.]

Add the following option into config.pro file temporarily and test drawing opening.

graphics win32_gdi

This test is going to give you a hint that the problem is related to graphics driver version.

2.]

Rename all you config.pro files to config.proxxx and test drawing opening.

You can create test config.pro file containing option mentioned in 1., only.

This test is going to give you a hint that the problem is related to config.pro

3.]

Last idea is about some kind of interference between Creo and another application installed on your PC. The question is ... what application is it ?

You can test this idea in clean new Windows 7 installation containing Creo, only.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the suggestions,

I tried out the first one and immediately the pictures stopped disappearing (but the screen has to reload each time I pan or zoon when using the windows GDI) and popped back out as soon as I swtiched back to using hardware graphics. So I'm guessing that it is the graphics driver. The driver I'm using is AMD FirePro V5900 14.502.1019.0. Anybody have a trouble-free...or I guess "low-trouble" would be more appropriate where Creo is concerned...experience with an older FirePro driver?

Thanks again,

Jordan

Martin, my system is fully qualified and I use only Dell/PTC approved drivers (not NVidia's version) and this problem still happens.  It is, and always has been a poor implementation to this day.

Well...that's problematic. I had to upgrade to the latest driver version to keep Creo from freezing up and to keep my AutoCAD dwg viewer from crashing. I think I'll just live with the missing images.

Thanks,

JT

I've had this problem since Pro|E... and still with Creo 3.

No rhyme or reason.  Restarting Creo seems to work.  Just cannot reproduce making it disappear.

I use a BMP file for a format title block logo.  Even when it is gone, it prints correctly.

One of those poor implementations that PTC is simply ignoring because it is so difficult to replicate but obviously there for many.

Top Tags