cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Perforated sheet metal

ColinWriggleswo
1-Newbie

Perforated sheet metal

I am currently making a sheet metal cover for a processor unit that needs to be ventilated, so I decided on using perforated sheet metal. I would therfore like the modelled part to reflect the material from which it is made, both visually and parametrically.

The raw material has 3mm dia holes on a 5mm pitch as per http://www.novametals.co.uk/pdf/rh/304/r3_0t5_0.pdf

I thought I could model up the box and then pattern fill the flat form representation at the end, but I can't find a way of adding a feature to the flat form representation.

Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Colin

Instead of making flat patten use the unbend feature

Fitst Unbend your box

Make hole feature

Pattern the hole

bend back the box

Regards

K.Mahanta

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Colin

Instead of making flat patten use the unbend feature

Fitst Unbend your box

Make hole feature

Pattern the hole

bend back the box

Regards

K.Mahanta

Sounds easy, but I can't bend the box back, assuming you mean I need to recreate all the bends that I've just unbent?

If I try to create a bend, using the bend axis previously created, it fails. I beleive this is because there are holes which are on the bend.

Hi Colin

Do not recreate the bends

Use the bend back feature

This is at the right of unbend feature

bend.PNG

click on the small arrow at the right of unbend icon.

This will show you this bend back icon

Regards

K.Mahanta

Top Tags