cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

PhotoLux Render Issues

BulldogFan7
1-Newbie

PhotoLux Render Issues

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GT 550M

Creo Elements Pro 5.0

Every time I try to render using PhotoLUX, the result is a solid black screen. I can render using PhotoRender but the quality isn't that great.

I have tried every scene, moving floors/walls/etc, adjusting lights, adjusting effects...all with the same result.

I have tried Draft to Maximum quality. Output Full Window to JPEG to TIF...all the rendered files are solid black. It's driving me insane! I've followed as many tutorials as I can...step by step, but my result is solid black as opposed to the tutorials results of a completely rendered model.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Have any Ideas?

It's driving me insane!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok everyone...I finally figured it out. It was McAfee Internet Security. Not sure how it blocked it but as soon as I uninstalled McAfee, the rendering works perfectly.

Wish I knew this from the get go.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

That´s weird you should check maybe your materials, i recomend to use only PhotoLUX scenes and materials (the last ones), your computer is perfect.

I went back to check all my materials...and I am using PhotoLUX visual styles and am using a PhotoLUX scene.

It's frustrating because I'm following all the instructions i can find online and it still is not working. I'll post a picture of what it looks like when I render a small section.

Here are some screenshots that may help anyone determine what settings I have wrong...or what else I need to look at.

This all started when I went to create a nice little Happy New Year impage for the company I work for. Now it's becoming a mission to figure this out.

Scenes - Scene.jpg

Scenes - Room.jpg

Scenes - Lights.jpg

Scenes - Effects.jpg

Render - Options.jpg

Render - Adv.jpg

Render - Output.jpg

When I do just a Render Region, below is what I get. If I render it completely, then the entire output is black.

Render - Black.jpg

Everithing is ok but i see the quality on draft

Also try "render to" .jpg or other kind of pictures extensions and chek that the model isn´t below the floor

I have it set to Draft right now it doesn't take so long to test. I have tried High & Maximum.

Also, I have set my output to New Window, JPEP, TIF, PNG...pretty much every option. They all turn out solid black.

What is weird is that even though the picture file is solid black, the file size is HUGE!

I really don't know what to do. So frustrating!

Totally weird be carefull that the model is above the floor

I hit the button to align the floor to the bottom of the model.

I made that mistake once while using Photorender.

Or the face of the model is with the floor on front

Floor nor walls are causing the issue...they are not in front of the model.

Also...I'm looking in Floating Modules and I don't see where there is an Advanced Render option. Should that be there?

Did some advice appear when you select PhotoLUX?

No, there was not advice. Other than it being black, PhotoLUX works fine.

so rare unlucky guy

Ok everyone...I finally figured it out. It was McAfee Internet Security. Not sure how it blocked it but as soon as I uninstalled McAfee, the rendering works perfectly.

Wish I knew this from the get go.

Cool man finally hehe.

Top Tags