cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Post Publishing Rule for only Drawing file.

klakshminarayan
4-Participant

Post Publishing Rule for only Drawing file.

Hi All,

I've created a Post Publishing rule to generate a seperate WTDocument where the content is the representation of the EPMDocument. When a drawing file gets published a WTDocument is created with PDF as content. When a 3-D model is published, a WTDocument is created with .OL file as a content.

I'm trying to create a Publishing Rule where a WTDocument is created only for the drawing file. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kiran Lakshminarayanan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Which Windchill version are you using?

Version-independent, try something like this:

<authoring-application name="PROE">

<param-set name="MySet">
<post-publish ************<=" p=">

</param-set>

<epm-iba iba="”docType”" value="Drawing">
<publish on="checkin" param-set="MySet"/">
<publish on="create-representation" param-set="MySet"/">
<publish on="schedule" param-set="MySet"/">
<publish on="manual-post" param-set="MySet"/">
</epm-iba>

</authoring-application>

Note: docType attribute is exposed as "Document Category" in the Windchill UI on the document details page and for drawings it's value is "Drawing" (Format for formats, Assembly - Other for asms, CAD Part - Other for parts etc.)

Also, starting with Windchill 10.1 publishing rules were enhanced and allow greater flexibility - check the Windchill 10.1 Publish Rules Enhancements in Help Center.

In your case <attribute name="epmdoc_CADName" regex=".*\.drw"/> could be used.

Dimitry,

Thanks for the information. We are using Windchill 10.0 M040. I tried to add the epm-iba and I get a message "Data marked not to be published. No publishing will take place".

Thanks,

Kiran Lakshminarayanan

Yep. This seem to only work for IBA attributes. 😞

Adding an IBA attribute to drawings should work, then. If post-publishing is an important part of the business process, this could be worth it. Or you could already have IBA attributes in drawings - great, then. Just make sure one of them is mandatory and is always designated.

Enabling manual post-publishing could possibly be an option too.

Other than that, I don't see a feasible OOTB way to differentiate drawings and cad parts when post-publishing.

Top Tags