cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Printer M080

bmozley
5-Regular Member

Printer M080

Since updating to Creo 3.0 M080, the printer sequence has changed.

I can no longer specify which printer to use (I have a few to choose from - including Doro (a pdf creator)).

In drawing mode: File > Print > Print > click Print icon

Is there a way to specify a printer?

Brad

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:bmozley)

Are you using the "MS Printer Manager", or some other printer?

From the items in the above list, you can choose the default with the config option "PLOTTER".

If you're talking about the Windows Printer Dialog, the default here is based on whatever printer you've set as default on your computer (not Creo specific).

bmozley
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

I'm missing the bottom menu as shown.

How to access?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You will only see the Windows printer dialog (the bottom one) if you choose the "MS Printer Manager" as your printer in Creo.

bmozley
5-Regular Member

Print.jpg

I tried to add Printer, but my only choice is Generic Postscript (as shown)

Advise.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Actually, that should open the print dialog too, since the plotter command at the bottom is "windows_print_manager".  So what happens when you press "OK", and then press "Print"?

bmozley
5-Regular Member

When I click ok, off goes the print, no further dialogue box appears.

Is there some config.pro option change ?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Not that I know of.  What happens when you print from other programs (paint, notepad, etc.)?  Do those show you the Windows print dialog?

Hi Brad...

Check your Creo loadpoint at this location:

<LOADPOINT>Creo 3.0/M080/Common Files/text/plot_config

Do you have the file ms_print_mgr.pcf  ? This should have been supplied stock with Creo. I've attached it for your reference. This should provide you with the MS Printer Manager option on your Printer selection tool. Although I believe Tom is correct, your Generic Postscript printer should also pull up the default Windows Printer Manager, I'd be interested to see what happens if you use the stock .pcf file I've attached.

Thanks!

-Brian

bmozley
5-Regular Member

Tom and Brian,

Thanks for your replies.

I tried replacing the attached ms_print_mgr.pcf. with my current file and nothing changed.

I do not get a print dialogue box in the print sequence.

I did try, as Tom suggested, using Paint and Notepad, and I do get a print dialogue box.

One more item, in the Printer Configuration dialogue box, in the drop down,when I click on "Add Printer Type..."

nothing happens. Advise.

Thanks,

Brad

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Brad Mozley‌,  I'm at a loss.  It might be worth removing all config.pro (and config.sup) files from your loadpoint and working directories and see if it makes any difference.

Do you have maintenance?  If so, it might be worth opening a case with tech support and seeing what they say.

Hi Brad...

This is very strange. I don't usually advocate opening a ticket with PTC as a first line of attack but in this case, I think it's warranted. I cannot think of anything else to try.

Thanks!

-Brian

bmozley
5-Regular Member

Update on printer problem:

I installed build M090 today and problem went away.

Top Tags