cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Printing with Creo 3.0 M070

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Printing with Creo 3.0 M070

Hi all,

Since I installed Creo 3.0 M070, every time I want to print a drawing, I have a new window appearing like the one below, asking me to print to a file. Once I clicked Ok, I retrieve the normal process for printing. Anyone could tell how to skip this step which is useless for me.

By the way, what is the interest in printing to a file ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Tom Uminn is right. Default list of printer configurations (files with .pcf extension) has been modified and the resulting state is confusing.

I can see two problems:

No.1: Three instances of MS_PRINT_MGR printer configuration

No.2: No option is selected in Destination section of Configuration d'imprimante dialog box on your pictures

You have to check .pcf files accessible by Creo 3.0 from three locations:

No.1: Creo3_Common_Files\text\plot_config directory

No.2: directory set using plot_config_dir option in config.pro file

No.3: startup or working directory

FYI http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/fundamentals/fund_two_sub/Plotter_Configuration_Fi… contains description of printer configuration files.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

it looks like your Creo is configured to print to file ...

• what is the value of plotter option in config.pro ?
  • what printer configuration is selected, if you click File > Print > Print > Settings ?

MH

Martin Hanák
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

In my config.pro, plotter is set to ms_print_mgr

By default, ms_print_mgr is selected

The strange thing is that nothing changed in my configuration between M060 & M070.

I noticed something strange, when I click on the icon to select the printer. I have 3 times MS_PRINT_MANAGER

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:RaphMORIN)

Check your working (startup) directory and see if you have extra .pcf files there.  The displayed printer name ("MS_PRINT_MGR") is based off something inside the file, not the name of the file.

Hi,

Tom Uminn is right. Default list of printer configurations (files with .pcf extension) has been modified and the resulting state is confusing.

I can see two problems:

No.1: Three instances of MS_PRINT_MGR printer configuration

No.2: No option is selected in Destination section of Configuration d'imprimante dialog box on your pictures

You have to check .pcf files accessible by Creo 3.0 from three locations:

No.1: Creo3_Common_Files\text\plot_config directory

No.2: directory set using plot_config_dir option in config.pro file

No.3: startup or working directory

FYI http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/fundamentals/fund_two_sub/Plotter_Configuration_Fi… contains description of printer configuration files.

MH

Martin Hanák
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Tom and Martin,

With your indications I made a nice clean up on my computer with pcf files.

In fact, in the pro_plot_config_dir, there was 3 different files (different file names) with the parameter button_name set to MS_Print_Manager. In fact all those files were useless for me. I'm printing on standard printer where the default MS Print Manager provided works perfectly.

Finally, I deleted all the pcf files in the pro_plot_config_dir.

I also deleted the plot_file_dir, plot_names and plotter parameters from my config.pro.

Top Tags