cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Pro/Process for Assemblies smart drawing

aroemer
1-Newbie

Pro/Process for Assemblies smart drawing

We are looking to demonstrate the awesome capabilities of Pro/Process for Assemblies to the manufacturing team. We have successfully made all of the process steps in the model, but are now trying to generate smart drawings. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good "free" tutorials for Pro/Process, and particularly creating drawings. I would also gladly accept an example format if you are willing/able to share. What I am most interested in the drawing is having the BOM table update automatically with only the components that are new to the active step.

Still old school here for now, stuck on WF5 for a few more months. If the stars align we will be jumping to Creo 3 later this summer

Thank you for any help or guidance you can offer,

Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Andy,

I'm not familiar with Pro/Process. Could you perhaps mean Pro/Program?

Kevin

aroemer
1-Newbie
(To:kross)

No definitely mean Pro/Process for assemblies. Used to make assembly process drawings. Nice thing about it is, it only references the original assembly, but does not modify it. So you can create assembly sequence drawings with multiple display states, exploded states, and include bulk items like glue, Etc. It give manufacturing a way to create their own assembly documentation, in their control, without affecting the original assembly file. But any changes made to the original assembly are reflected in the process documents. I refer to them as the design assembly and the manufacturing assembly since they both have their own unique requirements.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:aroemer)

Dig through the help files, I do these occasionally but always have to relearn how because it's so long in between times. I remember it being fairly straight forward and I was able toget the info I need from the help.

You'll need a dedicated BOM table with the right repeat region parameters to show the new components for that step. Once you get it how you want it and save it to disk so you can easily retrieve it.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I did go through the help and it is pretty weak from a tutorial perspective. I can find all the repeat region parameters, so I just need to start testing them out to see how they behave. I will end up doing what you suggest if I do not get a jump start from anyone. I was looking to reduce the time it would take to get something that I can use for a presentation on functionality and benefit.

Thanks,

Andy

Forgot to mention.

It is useless to search the help files for "Pro/Process" That takes you to non-relevant help topics. You need to search on "Process Plan" and then look through that.

Even though the module in your license file is called Pro/Process for assemblies

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:aroemer)

Sorry I can't be more help. As I said, I do one of these every 4-5 years or so and have to relearn all over again.

It's a great module, very handy and not too hard to figure out.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags