cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Question about the UI interface

didriek
6-Contributor

Question about the UI interface

Dear all,

Ik have created a UI file for the company:

One tab for all most used features and stuff!

>> took me a while because you have asm/prt/skeleton/SMpart/drawing... and activating prt/asm/SMpart/skeleton is an other interface

But I got there only some issues:

1. Sheetmetal parts keep on showing the 'MODEL' tab when opening, however mine is put before (like with all the other creo types), this is not the case with all other types: the open and show the first tab, mine....

2. Mapkeys I can record and make, but I cant eturn to my tab as last mapkey step because:

example... I have a mapkey to verify a family table (tools - family table - verify icon - verify - colse - ok)

I had recorded it in de solid part, and as latst step I returned to my UI tab, BUT when verifying an assy family table or sheetmetal part family table, I don't end on my UI tab (because it was recorded in a solid part...)

>> I could have made all mapkeys using my own interface but I didn't want the mapkeys to be dependat on the interface... the day it changes your mapkeys could become corrupt...

3. I didn't try to make one tab for drawings because depending on the tab you're on the 'right click' options vary... is that possible?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
didriek
6-Contributor
(To:didriek)

lots of type mistakes but I can't find 'edit post'...

If I understand correctly, you want your mapkey to return you back to your UI tab once it is complete? Since I haven't tried this, it may help or at least hopefully point you in a direction that may get you where you want:

You could just add that command line to your config.pro under that particular mapkey. To get the command, click on the UI tab you want, then immediately open your trail file from the operating system and look at the last command....it should look something like:

~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `page_Applications_control_btn` 1

Add that line to your config file...be sure to add the mapkey(continued) before it. If you don't know what another user might name their UI tab, you could use the mousewheel on the UI tab. Place your cursor over a UI tab and roll the mouse wheel. Then use the above method to find what the command was..should be something like:

~ Wheel `main_dlg_cur` `adb_container_control_bar` 458752 `Down Arrow`

Depends on whether you want to shift the next or previous UI tab. If your desired UI tab is at the beginning use use the mouse wheel command several times until it is at the beginning of all tabs. If you use the command 20 times, it won't matter since the mapkey will just skip over any errors....use it 100 times and you are sure to be at the beginning of the UI tabs. This video explains the technique of taking advatage of "errors" in mapkeys in order to combine mapkeys for similar features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqUO7v8Nv9I&list=PLAggF1tErABm8oycYJ0qxndA2Dlw0MxqT&index=49

Hope that helps.

Top Tags