cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Student Creo 2.0 Installation Problems

ptc-6676850
1-Newbie

Student Creo 2.0 Installation Problems

Hello,

I've been using Creo 2.0 for about 2 months now in one of my engineering classes at college. I decided that I would install the academic/student version on my personal home PC. Here is where the problems have started. I have read over MANY of the discussion's posted here and read through several of the .PDF's asscociated with various problems with Creo, but I have not found a direct answer for the issue I am having.

Here is the error message that I am getting when I try to open/run Creo Parametric or any other Creo software on my PC:

Problem Signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: xtop.exe

Application Version: 30.0.2014.90

Application Timestamp: 53db2791

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0e78

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp: 521eaf24

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 00000000000c4102

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0e78

Additional Information 2: 0e78c05f89a6af598ca044371ea69608

Additional Information 3: 3eed

Additional Information 4: 3eed8de69fb67a1d0ddb049fac2464b6

Now that I had to type all of that in here, (lol), here is what I have done to try and remedy this issue.

1.) Turned off Firewall, Spyware, Malware, and Virus Protection.

2.) Uninstalled/reinstalled 4 times

3.) Repeated steps 2/3 about 3 more times.

Here is a brief hardware rundown of my computer:

Windows-7 Ultimate-64 bit

16-GB of Ram

1-TB hard drive

i5-2500K 3.30GHz processor

AMD-Radeon 7800 series 2-GB graphics card.

If anyone has any other ideas or knows where to point me towards a solution, it would be greatly appreciated. Getting this software to work is of the utmost importance as I am needing it for my mid-term exam in my engineering class.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Regards,

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Steve,

my suggestion:

• unplug your current 1TB disk
  • put another clean disk into your PC
  • install Windows
  • install Creo

This test tells you whether the problem is "inside" your Windows installation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Mr. Hanak,

Does it matter if I currently have my windows operating system on a different hard drive? Windows is installed on a solid state hard drive, and I have Creo installed on the 1TB hard drive. I usually do this as to try and avoid Windows issues. I can put Creo on another hard drive as I've actually got 3 hard drives installed on this computer. If you think that might help, I can try it.

Thank you for your timely response. I greatly appreciate it.

Steve,

you can install Creo 2.0 on any disk. I think it is not necessary you to install Creo on third disk.

If you have spare clean disk, then you can unplug all your three disks and follow my test procedure.

• put clean disk into your PC
  • install Windows on "test disk"
  • install Creo on "test disk"

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Steve,

Please submit "Academic Support Request" here: http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

Top Tags