cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Summary: What happened to import into assembly

rrich
2-Guest

Summary: What happened to import into assembly

I guess I should have expressed my work around. Being that I was able to open step file directly into its own assembly. I could then save that assembly as a now creo assembly, and do this for each of the assemblies I wanted to import. Then go back and just build the assembly from all of the now creo assemblies. Slightly more time consuming than I wanted but end result was all the same.

I will never understand PTC's rational in removing functionality, well not fully removing it, you can still import multiple stl files (almost useless), emn (ok usable), and I have never even heard of a POLTXT file (the web says it is a macromedia flash file, which does not sound useful).

Hi Ron,

We had the same experience earlier this year, using CP 2, build M100. Did not open a call with PTC, since we found the work-around also.

Regarding the question regarding how to handle multiple imports into a single file - - I have not tried it, but wonder if doing a Windows drag/drop of the file(s) into the Creo assembly window would work? (It worked for a single import operation.)

Thanks for bringing this up.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
jmoody-2
1-Newbie
(To:rrich)

When doing this is there a best practices method of populating the resulting
parts and assemblies with 'start part' parameters, relations, and view
orientations.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

That's what using the template does. It allows you to bring the step file into an assembly that already has all those things.
mlocascio
4-Participant

Aren't work-arounds GREAT?!!!

I wonder if the functionality is included in the full-blown Pro-Assembly extension.  Do you have Pro-Assembly, or Pro-Assembly-Performance?

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
PH:724.941-5540
FX:724.941.8322
www.fpdcompany.com
----------
Top Tags