cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Text symbol display as messy code in PDF

ptc-2924163
1-Newbie

Text symbol display as messy code in PDF

I am just transfer to Wildfire 4.0M140. When I print 2D drawings into PDF files, I found that text symbols, like "±","°", all display as messy code.

A test drawing is attached. "drw0001.drw" is proe drawing with a note. "drw0001_3.pdf" is printed in wildfire 3.0. The text symbol display well. "drw0001_4.pdf" is printed in wildfire 4.0. The test symbol display as messy code.

Anyone can help me to make text symbol display well in wildfire 4.0? I don't want to stoke all fonts, it will looks ugly.

Thank you very much!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

I have the same problem, with Greek characters. If i print with TrueType
Fonts i have the same problem. If I use Stroke fonts, there is no problem.
BUT the PDF file size increases dramatically... If you find any workaround
please help!!!!!

Wildfire 5 M30 (64bit) windows XP 64bit

-nk/.

Try printing to a Postscript file (as ProE usually does) and convert that to a PDF, e.g. using Ghostscript.

If that works, try to set up a printer which does this automatically.

CutePDF Writer works well.

Arnold

In this way, it does use True Type fonts in PDF, just same as "stoke fonts" option in proe pdf dialogue.

but, it looks like the only way currently.

Thank you

In Reply to Arnold Collett:

Arnold

typo, "does not use True Type fonts"

sorry

In Reply to Bamboo Liao:

In this way, it does use True Type fonts in PDF, just same as "stoke fonts" option in proe pdf dialogue.

but, it looks like the only way currently.

Thank you

In Reply to Arnold Collett:

Arnold

If you're working with Wildfire 4.0, use the version M120 - there the misrepresentation when using TTFs shouldn't be.

Regards, Domenic

I confirm the use of M120 without problems. Symbols in our Pro/E generated PDF's appear correctly in our drawings. FWIW, we use Arial True Type on our drawings.

I found the root cause. The PDF creator of wildfire looks like to read the windows regional setting and adjust the code in pdf automatically.

So, you need to add a environment variable "lang=eng" in you systemto make proe identify itas english region.

I test it on wildfire 4.0 M120,M140, wildfire 5.0 M040. They all work well.

also, change to M120 can't slove the issue on my machine.

In Reply to john dugan:

I confirm the use of M120 without problems. Symbols in our Pro/E generated PDF's appear correctly in our drawings. FWIW, we use Arial True Type on our drawings.
Top Tags