Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To fix 3D PDF's made in Pro/E

To fix 3D PDF's made in Pro/E

The first couple of times I made them, the output wasn't user friendly at all in Acrobat. The "spin center" was in a bad location. I found a fix, and thought I'd post it:

19 REPLIES 19

Re: To fix 3D PDF's made in Pro/E

I don't seem to get the same options. I'll have to keep playing with it but it does help.

Now if we could just solve the color problems!

Hmmmm, maybe you have a different version of Adobe? I don't think the version of Pro/E you're using compared to e should matter, but maybe it does..... I've gotta think that you'd have the same options in Adobe, but maybe just located somewhere elase as an "enhancement". Perhaps buried deep in a (Gasp!) "ribbon" somewhere? LOLZ.....

Yeah, it seems to import objects as a single color, hence why the wiring itself all came in as silver, dammit!

The Save Camera View button stays grayed out no matter what.

It does work to pick a model and the spin center then becomes somewhere on that component. That is working.

I have the basic Adobe reader and it is up to date.

Bummer it's not working. Wonder why.......

To reset the spin center of a 3D PDF model, after selecting "Click to activate..." just right-click to display the menus, select the first item "Part Options" and then "Fit visible". Works in Adobe Reader X and XI.

Even when the spin center is correctly positioned when you load a model, the spin center may shift when you hide and unhide objects within an assembly. The "Fit visible" option works every time.

The option may be hidden by default. Look at the left button on the toolbar that pops up when you enter 3D mode is there a small drop down menu on the right of the icon? If you click on that you should see the Camera Properties button referred to. I also Like Andy Sun's comment of using right-click > "Part Options" and then "Fit visible".

But by saving the view it is setup for the next time the file is opened.

Highlighted

Finally! Now I can lock the rotation to the object to some reasonable degree. Thanks Brian!

It is still a very poor interface, but at least the object isn't flying off the screen at a whim.

Why saved views from Creo don't use a logical spin center in 3D PDF is beyond me.

I think the problem is really with the specification for Adobe 3D PDF's. However, maybe PTC could work with Adobe to get it fixed.

I started a product Idea here: http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4437 go vote for it!

Announcements