cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Vanishing Imports

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Vanishing Imports

Hey,

I have been changing units from metric to English for many files I have. Most of these are files that were imported, such as pwb components. No problem with most. But a handful are giving me grief. I change the units and the import just flat out disappears. Any one have a resolve for this?

Thanks,

Wayne

Creo 3.0

8 REPLIES 8
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:wfalco)

Well.....just for kicks I just opened the file and did not convert anything. I supressed the import feature. Then resumed it. It has vanished!?

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Have you tried to change to different model accuracy and then doing the unit conversion?  Just a shot in the dark...

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:psobejko)

No. But I may have a clue. When I try to redefine the import it points to a d:/ drive and says its a solidworks file. I feel like there is some sort of link or reference that is gone? I will try the accuracy. Thanks!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I've seen this before.  More than likely you are trying to open/import a "Creo" model that wasn't actually created by Creo.  Try using a STEP file, IGES, file, or some other neutral format.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Here is the PTC KB article saying basically the same thing:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS15712

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Thanks Tom! Zooiks!

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Denyed. My maintainence is due. LOL!

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Oh.....I think I get it it. It's actually calling itself a neutral feature. I can created another one from iges. But then I have to replace in assembly a few places. I guess I will be stuck with that. Cool. Thanks!

Top Tags