cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

What happened to import into assembly

rrich
2-Guest

What happened to import into assembly

Strange thing I noticed today. I started a brand new assembly and wanted to import a step file into it. I went to Get Data pull down chose Import and when the dialog box opens I get only 3 import choices. (see below) Additionally when I chose * it still does not show me the step file. However if I just go to Open a file and choose Step or * I can see the file and open it as an assembly. This is all fine and dandy but what if I wanted to import multiple step files into one assembly file. I know there are ways to skirt this whole issue and I am not dead in the water, but didn't this use to exist?

[cid:image001.png@01D0088F.3C9DE270]

Ron Rich
Mechanical Engineer
Keithley A Tektronix Company
28775 Aurora Rd
Solon, OH 44139
440-498-2842

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rrich)

It's no longer allowed. You cannot import an assembly into an existing assembly. The only option is to specify the assembly template to use when importing the assembly. (See "profile" on the import screen.) This has been in effect since Wildfire 5.

Tom U.
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:rrich)

The work-around would be to assemble this into the new assembly. OR you can
import that assembly into it's own assembly.

MPL

Top Tags