cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Where to download certified graphic drivers

ptc-291018
1-Newbie

Where to download certified graphic drivers

We have just god some new Dell Precision T3500 with NVIDIA Quadro FX580. Looking at ptc support page I can see that the certified driver are 6.14.11.8265 http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/60077/en/dell_wf4.pdf I have always learn that it is best to use driver from Dell and not from Nvidia, because there can be some different in the drivers. But on dell.com I am only able to get the latest (and often not greatest). I call to Dell give me the answer that they do not keep old versions. What to do? Where do I download the certified driver version?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

is a very boring and stress thing.

Im in a similar situation.

I have a fx580 graphic card but from hp site there is no certified drivers for my workstation.

I've downloaded the drivers from nvidia site but are not stable and there are some problems.

Is a bad bad situation for me.

I hope that HP reply to my email but for now they say that " the only drivers are published in theyr website"...

:-(((

I have FX580 and run 270.71 with WF5 M080 - it runs very sweetly considering its only 512M.

Make sure the NVIDIA Control Panel has found ProE and is running the ProE Wildfire profile.

Within the NVIDIA Wildfire profile you can improve the performance by the following

1. set Power Management Mode = Prefer max performance

this stops the card trying to save power, runs it at full speed in ProE

2. set Antialiasing - Mode = Override any application settings

then Antialiasing - Setting = 8x(4xSS,2xMS)

this will give you onscreen antialiasing - works beautifully

Note

View>DisplaySettings>Model Display>Edge/Line>Smooth Lines usually controls line anti-aliasing but can be left off under 2.

Turn Shade Quality and Edge Quality to Maximum for stunning display.

Use GPU-Z for checking how much graphics memory you are using and adjust above settings accordingly.

Ciao

Dear Burt, thank you so much for your reply.

Only a precisation by you :

you are using the driver provided by HP ( http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3718668&prodNameId=3718669&swEnvOID=4060&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=wk-94750-1 )

or the drivers provided by Nvidia ( http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/quadro-win7-winvista-64bit-270.71-whql-driver-uk.html ) ?

It seems the same version and the same MB ( 132 or 146 MB ) , you spoke of a version of 512 MB.

Could you please provide me the link or the package that you are using? if you want I can give you my email or something else.

This will save my life.. then I have to try with the settings suggested by you. : )))

Thanks another time Burt, wonderful suggestion.

Bye Bye, ciao ciao :--))

My 270.71 was from the NVIDIA site - my PC is a home built unit and is running Win7 x64

The 512MB refers to the graphics card memory not the download file.

Burt, I've tried with your settings and drivers version.

The problem that I had wit "blinking quotas" disappears.

Remain the problem that when I make the comparison of 2 asm files the proe application takes a long long time to elaboration and often I have to stop proe by task manager.

I've noticed that the process xtop during opening and compare goes to 1,7 GB of memory....

Any suggestion?

My workstation is an HP XW 4600 and system is windows 7 x64 eng

thanks

bye bye

If you are doing large assembly work you may be short of RAM ...

How much RAM does your XW4600 have ?

Win x64 generally needs 4GB minimum to work efficiently - with RAM so cheap 8GB is a good starting point.

What processor does it have?

You need a processor that is 3GHz or more as ProE is mainly single threaded.

Dear Burt,

my workstation is a dual core machine.

I'm running windows 7 x 64 english version with 8GB of RAM.

Is strange because in XP 32 bit machine is running perfectly..... :-((

Top Tags