cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

another pdf question - keywords & metadata

lylebeidler
1-Newbie

another pdf question - keywords & metadata

I have a question about the metadata tags in pdfs created by Pro/E.

When I fill in the data in this dialog box

The metadata doesn't appear anywhere except if I open the pdf and choose
Advanced > Document Metadata.

What we'd like is for these values to show up in the Windows Explorer
windows (aka RMB > Properties), but I can't figure out how to get them there
automatically from pro/e. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

--

Lyle Beidler
MGS Inc
178 Muddy Creek Church Rd
Denver PA 17517
717-336-7528
Fax 717-336-0514
<">mailto:-> -
<">http://www.mgsincorporated.com>
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}"Back in the day" we did this with the Distiller API. Nowadays we do it with Adobe LiveCycle. Remember that in WC10.0 that LiveCycle will be bundled with Windchill Print Services, and that Distiller is EOL, so you should be able to do this soon, as long as you have Windchill Print Services installed. That will also create your PDFs automatically, rather than having your client software doing it.

In addition to the obvious metadata tags, we will be embedding a bunch of metadata about the ECN, approvers, etc.

Ben Franklin
I-Cubed

You are comparing apples and oranges. ProE doesn’t use distiller.

David Haigh
Top Tags