cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

how to create a 3D pdf document from a .prt file

al204
1-Newbie

how to create a 3D pdf document from a .prt file

Hello proe pros....

I recently learned it is now possible to save surfaces on a 3D pdf format...

I was wondering if any of you has experience on this topic.

My aim with this is to allow my customers to see, rotate, zoom in and out of the part, without sending the actual prt (any neutral format file like iges) they could use and give to anybody else to finish a job that has already been assigned to me.

thanks in advance for any input, al

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
j0sizemore
4-Participant
(To:al204)

We use Acrobat Professional Extended version to enable 3D viewing of a ProE part for marketing/customer purposes. You have to control the amount of information contained within the 3D PDF via settings in Acrobat. You could easily send someone complete definition that they could then convert to IGES or STEP. Which may sometimes be what you want to do, but just be aware of the intellectual property implications of the conversion settings.

Joanna Burress

Grote Industries

#File#Save a Copy#Type: PDF U3D

Change the rendering style to Solid so when the PDF gets opened it starts
nicely shaded. There are other options to choose from. The good thing is
you can get your saved views to be exported so you have common ground with
your supplier when discussing it over the phone.

It seems to use an STL style format but I have no idea about the accuracy
or exportability of the model in the PDF.
--
Mark von Huben

Principal Mechanical Engineer
Cochlear Ltd
14 Mars Rd
Lane Cove West, NSW, 2066
Australia

p +61 2 9425 5210

Top Tags