cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

problem with set working directory

bcat
8-Gravel

problem with set working directory

hi

i have a problem

i describe problem step by step for understand and help me and others

i make parts in new folder directory

make an  assembly and put parts in same directory

when i bring parts from diferent libraries the set working is set in location where i bring part (same problem when i bring a format,table from starting/setup directory )

result is i make disorder in my project

please tell me a solution for working with library

thanks

have a nice day

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello bogdan catalin

l agree with MartinHanak solution no.2. More comfortable and well arranged is using search_path_file.

1. See attached config.pro

2. See attached search_path.TXT.

-------------------------

The key features are following:

Config.pro ---- includes only 1 row that is linked to *.TXT file

*.TXT file includes all directories that are searched whan new model is opened.

This way you can keep config.pro short and weel arranged.

Best regards

Milan Bonka

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bcat)

I loose the logic every so often as well.

I just bringing a part in from elsewhere and it shouldn't make the new location the working folder.

However, I have noticed that a backup type save-as files will change the working folder.

Creo remembers where a part came from in session but it does not maintain this information within the files.

Creo does use a search path scenario if you implement it.  This would cover library parts and alike.

I too would love to see a matrix of what can change your current working folder.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:bcat)

Hi,

solution no.1

>>> there is a directory containing library parts

>>> there is a directory containing assemblies and parts that belong to your project

You want to have all assemblies and parts located in single directory, this means that you have to copy necessary library parts from library directory to project directory.

solution no.2

>>> there is a directory containing library parts

>>> there is a directory containing assemblies and parts that belong to your project

You want to have all non-library assemblies and non-library parts located in single directory, necessary library parts are accessed from library directory. In this case you have to add the following option into config.pro file:

search_path  full_path_to_library_directory

MH

Martin Hanák
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello bogdan catalin

l agree with MartinHanak solution no.2. More comfortable and well arranged is using search_path_file.

1. See attached config.pro

2. See attached search_path.TXT.

The key features are following:

Config.pro ---- includes only 1 row that is linked to *.TXT file

*.TXT file includes all directories that are searched whan new model is opened.

This way you can keep config.pro short and weel arranged.

Best regards

Milan Bonka

Top Tags