cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

smart electrode - data transfer to edm

Sreemesh
6-Contributor

smart electrode - data transfer to edm

dear friends ;

we are using smart electrode 5 and pro e wf 4 for electrode extraction .

as we are moving to paperless work execution we want to transfer edm position data from smart electrode to our Mitsubishi edm machines ,

anybody can help me how to get it done ??

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
FlorianHammrich
5-Regular Member
(To:Sreemesh)

Hello,

a transfer of edm position data to Mitsubishi (EPX format) is available in the newer versions of SMARTElectrode (8.0 and 9.0). SME 8.0 and 9.0 support Creo Parametric 2.0 and 3.0. If you contact us directly we can support you with updating your SMARTElectrode and setting up the export. We can also provide sample data to evaluate the import at first...

Florian Hammrich
B&W Software GmbH

hey dear Hammrich;

we have AMC with b&w . so please get me a sample data , let me transfer that to the machine for the initial check up

FlorianHammrich
5-Regular Member
(To:Sreemesh)

Hello,

I've sent you an email with sample data. Please contact me via your business email if you don't receive the zip file (2.6 MB).

The assembly consists of one workpiece and one electrode model (two positions). The xml file should be imported into the programming system and the subfolders contain 3d data in parasolid format for visualization.

Florian Hammrich
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags