cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

software to convert Pro-E file to customer required file

ptc-3233571
1-Newbie

software to convert Pro-E file to customer required file

Hello every one, I have a proe part with 34 MB and i have to send it to a customer who require a STP file format and it must be in KB`s . Is there any software which can convert the proe part to a step file of 5 kb (for eg.,) Thanks in advance, Kathir.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-3233571)

In Pro/E: File>Save a Copy then choose STEP as type of file...

Try using Winrar and maximize the compression.

Thanks for the reply. But this is not i require . I will reframe the question. Is there any software to convert Proe- Model into a low size model in terms of kb and also i have to make logic combination with using those parts what i have created. Previously there were software like Modularis and CAD-click but even if we convert it we cannot make it independent. That is it requires a source file , if we delete the source file in PRO-E we cannot access it. Please do suggest any answer. As iam in desperate need of it. Thanks in advance.
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-3233571)

You can maybe try eDRAWINGS.
Top Tags