cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

2D Cross Section is Greyed Out

ptc-6825037
1-Newbie

2D Cross Section is Greyed Out

I am trying to add a cross section view in my drawing. I have added a section in the PRT file and when I go to my drawing to add a cross section view, the 2D cross section views under drawing views is greyed out.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found out what the problem is. My view was showing hidden lines. Once I turned off hidden lines I was able to select the 2D cross section option.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

The cross section is likely not oriented properly for the view you are trying to show it in. Create a section on a plane that is flat to the screen in the view you are trying to show it in.

That's not it. I projected on all sides and all of them are greyed out.

Tom,

upload your part. I can check it .

Click Use advanced editor link (top right corner of Reply window) and use Browse button to upload the file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you.

Tom,

in Creo Parametric 2.0 M070 I opened your model and performed following steps.

• create new drawing
  • click General button on Layout tab
  • place view
  • in View Type category select LEFT or RIGHT view, click Apply
  • in Sections category select 2D cross section option
  • click button with green plus sign
  • select XSEC0001 section (marked by green check mark), click Apply
  • click Close

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I found out what the problem is. My view was showing hidden lines. Once I turned off hidden lines I was able to select the 2D cross section option.

that shouldn't have done it but it appears something was stuck in the file.

Glad you got it resolved.

hidden_line_section.PNG

Shaded views cannot be sectioned, however.

Top Tags