cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

3D dimensioning

MikeMinsterkett
1-Newbie

3D dimensioning

I am having trouble getting a 3D dimension of a hole the way I want it to look. Below is what I have.

ScreenHunter_04 Feb. 25 10.17.gif

ScreenHunter_05 Feb. 25 10.17.gif

I would like it to look like the hole dimension above. I know that the 3D annotation dimensioning tool is not that great. I believe I have tried everything to get the dimension I want but not able to. I am not able to pick the top surface as a surface to place the dimension. Anyone have any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hello

I created a short video for you where you can see a few simple steps how you can create 3D Driving Dimension:

Video Link : 1741

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks Vladimir.

Your video is great. I now understand why I was having problems.

Mike

You're welcome.

If you want here is a blog for all those who like to learn something new about PTC products.

I added there the last video

Heva a nice time.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

You to thanks.

Hello evryone. Sorry for my bad english . I have trouble with 3d dimensioning in models with family table. I have 3d dimension in generic model%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%BE+generic.jpg

If i open an instance,

%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%BE+instance.jpg

my 3d dimension have wrong possition. Can i create references for annotations like references line in drawings?

Top Tags