cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Absolute Drawing dimensions for Offset Csys Points

nmalik
5-Regular Member

Absolute Drawing dimensions for Offset Csys Points

I have a model that I've created a number of points using the Offset Coordinate System Datum Point. To position the location of the points correctly some needed to have negative values in the X, Y, and/or Z direction.

absolute-value1.png

Is there a way (without Overriding the dimension) to show all the values as positive?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:nmalik)

In most cases, there is no sign for dimensions but this is in relation to the CSYS so it has to have them.

As for "fixing" them in the drawing, you might consider adding the dimension annotation in the drawing (from point to CSYS) and they will have no sign associated with them.

The funny thing is in Creo Elements Pro 5 (the software we used before Creo2) at least for CSYS this worked as intended by TS (but not for points).

Something must have changed in between and as far as I see there's no way to change the behaviour back to not show the dash anymore.

If anyone from PTC could explain this I'd be so glad.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

In your config.pro file, try setting "show_dim_sign" to "no". Can't remember if that affects your situation. I prefer my setting as "yes", and if it causes issues on a dwg, I simply create a dim there.

If you make on csys it will show the negative and the positive values because you are taking the referance of something on the reference of this will shows -ve and +ve dimension.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Nadeem,

For datum points created using "Offset Coordinate System Datum", shown diemnsions (-ive) will create with -ive sign only.

Dimensions from Offset Coordinate System Datum are not a part of config option show_dim_sign, hence this option will not make any change in such dimensions. Config option show_dim_sign is to control the display of -ive/+ive dimensions.

In such case for -ive dimensions if you will create drawing dimensions, dimension will display as +ive or you can override the dimensions.

Top Tags