cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Adding a zero before a decimal dimension?

ptc-5160270
1-Newbie

Adding a zero before a decimal dimension?

Hello all,

How can I add a zero before the decimal when dimensioning a part in a drawing? For example, I am getting ".57" for a dimension. How can I make it appear as "0.57"? Is there a setting I need to get to to change this? Also, is there a way to make this a permanent feature, so I wouldn't have to keep changing it for every dimension on every drawing I make?

I am new to Creo, so forgive me if this is a silly question. However, I've been looking all over and can't find an answer. Please help. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Halle

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can alter this setting with "lead_trail_zeros" drawing option. When setting it to "both" all default dims should show with both leading and trailing zeros.

This one, and plenty of other drawing file options are stored in *.dtl file. To have a *.dtl file loaded into every new drawing you have to set a config.pro option called "drawing_setup_file" with path to this file.

There is also some sort of iso *.dtl file already predefined in the Creo installdir.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

You can alter this setting with "lead_trail_zeros" drawing option. When setting it to "both" all default dims should show with both leading and trailing zeros.

This one, and plenty of other drawing file options are stored in *.dtl file. To have a *.dtl file loaded into every new drawing you have to set a config.pro option called "drawing_setup_file" with path to this file.

There is also some sort of iso *.dtl file already predefined in the Creo installdir.

Hope that helps.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:James62)

CORRECT ANSWER!

I went into the iso.dtl file, and it read "YESlead_trail_zeros". Should I switch the "yes" to "both"?

Thanks for your help!

Be careful with that, if it's per ASME, inch dimensions do NOT get a zero left of the decimal, but METRIC does. Also, 3-place inch dim should be shown as: ".050" whereas metric truncates a 3-place to not have a zero at the end, as in: "0.05".

You can change settings in Pro/E, but if it's supposed to be per ASME spec, make sure you have the settings correct.

Thanks, I did not know that. All the companies I've worked for have used a leading zero. Is this a new standard?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5160270)

Sometime companies have their own standards that started with a prescribe standard like ASME or ANSI, but have modified it to their own likings and preferences. ASME and ANSI have been around for a long time.

aerickson
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5160270)

I use creo elements/pro 5.0 and in my drawings the dimensions linked to the model would not change to having a leading zero unless I changed lead_trail_zero_scope to all.

I wonder if that was some kind of bug or other anomaly.

Creo 2.0 option... this one is from the model properties. The options are identical in the drawing setup.

lead-trail_zero.PNG

As of Creo 1.0 it's possible to set all the drawing options (*.dtl) directly from config.pro.

Also, all of the system color options (*.scl) can be set from config.pro as well, while if the same config option, for instance system_curves_color, is set in both places, the config.pro always wins.

In the drawing detail option file I've got the lead_trail_zero_scope set to dims, and the zeros show correctly.

Top Tags